Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our Product Engineering team has been tasked with building a technology platform, Allē, to service the needs of medical aesthetic professionals and patients. Improving the quality of day for an audience of nearly 25,000 providers and 6 million consumers.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Product Designer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Help contribute to a design system for our aesthetic platform and associated digital assets (websites, apps, emails and printed materials).
- Distill complex business objectives to simple and intuitive design.
- Participate in and run design reviews.
- Collaborate with our Product Managers and Front End Engineers to help bring your designs to life.
- Freely conceptualize ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research.
- Participate in and lead customer research, boiling feedback down to the functional, social and emotional jobs that customers hire our products to do.
- Build empathy for and become one with our customers' needs and aspirations, translating that into beautiful functional design.
- Deliver user flow diagrams, interaction patterns, design specs, wireframes, mental models and prototypes.
- Think deeply about the goals of the customer and address those through thoughtful design.
- Design reusable UI component libraries.
- Create a brand and style guide the organization will adhere to.
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns.
Desired Experience & Skills
- You have an eye for beautiful design and a portfolio to prove it.
- You’ve been a creative most your life and a UI/UX Designer for at least the last 4 years.
- Comfortable with Figma & supporting platforms such as Webflow, Storybook, Usertesting.com, etc
- You understand web and mobile app design with a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- You understand animation opportunities, when to take them and why.
- An ability to understand, as well as a passion for learning the capabilities & limitations of web and native (iOS, Android, Watch) platforms.
- In depth understand of effective typography and color for target markets.
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- You're a self starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- You have knowledge of HCD/XD principles.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
- All the cold brew coffee you can drink
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.