Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan consumer rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and QA Engineers to plan, maintain, and prioritize engineering and data insights work via respective JIRA boards
- Execute the Scrum Master role, including running daily/weekly scrum ceremonies for both Data Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing Analytics teams
- Facilitate technical discussions/decisions for the program and be a key interface across Data Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing Analytics teams, ensuring interdependent work progresses in lockstep
- Own the ultimate delivery responsibility and accountability for the successful implementation of integration projects, build of wireframes and dashboards, build of data models and algorithms
- Liaise with internal teams and outside vendors for technical specification documentation
- Create and maintain technical artifacts (roadmaps, project plans, capacity planning, technical workflows, etc)
- Manage technical release planning in collaboration with engineering and business owners/stakeholders
- Develop a status and reporting structure that is consistent with agile principles that also gives insight into progress toward the business outcomes
- Work with key stakeholders to define and gather requirements
- Ensure all project and implementation deliverables are completed on time, to specification and of high quality
- Build trust based partnerships, and communicate progress across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributors to senior executives
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- 7+ years of experience in Technical Project Management for complex data initiatives.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project/product management tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Good understanding of machine learning, data analytics, rule-based systems, and data architecture.
- Experience building solutions based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs by defining and aligning on clear requirements, working with a cross-disciplinary team of data engineers, BI engineers, data scientists, and data analysts.
- Experience managing partners and vendors that are critical to project delivery
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Ability to identify risks to timelines, escalate as necessary and propose mitigation strategies
- Highly attentive to driving maximum efficiency from a team, with the ability to eliminate cruft while preaching simplicity
- Experience with DevOps or with using DevOps lifecycle management tools like GitHub or GitLab is a plus
- Ability to interpret ERDs and SQL skills are a plus
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.