Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our Product Engineering team has been tasked with building a technology platform to service the needs of medical aesthetic professionals and patients. We're poised to release our platform, Allē, this year to an audience of nearly 25,000 providers and 6 million consumers. We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to plan, maintain, and prioritize engineering work
- Execute the Scrum Master role, including running daily/weekly scrum ceremonies for both Engineering and Product teams
- Facilitate technical discussions and requirements gathering within Scrum teams and with external stakeholders
- Create and maintain technical artifacts (roadmaps, project plans, capacity planning, technical workflows, etc)
- Manage technical release planning in collaboration with engineering and product management
- Develop a status and reporting structure that is consistent with agile principles and also gives insight into progress toward desired business outcomes
- Build trust based partnerships communicating progress across the organization to individual contributors as well as senior executives
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Project Management for large-scale initiatives.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project/product management tools like Jira and Productboard.
- Solid understanding of Software Development best practices and procedures
- Experience building products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs by defining and aligning on clear requirements, working with a cross-disciplinary team of software engineers, product managers and UI/UX designers.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Ability to identify risks to timelines, escalate as necessary and propose mitigation strategies
- Highly attentive to driving maximum efficiency from a team, with the ability to eliminate cruft while preaching simplicity
- Capable of owning delivery of a project staying highly involved as a point person in team meetings
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.