Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at Abbvie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to add to our high performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences and had millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for an empathetic, disciplined & KPI-minded individual to drive our overarching platform efforts - where your core ‘customer’ is will be the other product managers, and the overall business of Allē. This role will own the consumption & standardized use of 3rd party APIs across our ecosystem, as well as the ownership around how we distribute our functionality to 3rd parties. This role will also own myriad front-end user experiences spanning web and native platforms - in an effort to help improve the standardization and overall usability of Allē.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment, while having the backing of a very large company. If that’s you, please read on.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager, you will report to the Director of Product, as well as continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most important technical problems.
- Establish your vision for a top notch development experience for our product engineering teams.
- Help the products scale to the next phase and globally (by creating better and more scalable infrastructure)
- Drive for cross product/teams vision
- Be the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative solutions to consumer & business problems.
- Work to deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done by our customers and can translate that knowledge into prioritization and organization of tasks.
- Clearly articulate how chosen solutions align with business objectives - as well as present tradeoffs between different solutions - in a way which will inspire confidence in both your leadership and the role of product within our organization.
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends.
- Develop the strongest feature specs, user stories, and roadmaps of your career.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, interviews, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing.
- Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible.
- Monitor and report on product KPIs.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions.
Required Experience & Skills
- A strong Senior PM knows their product offering inside & out, and in particular, can speak to what users think & feel about the offering (qual), and speak to how well the product is performing for the user & business (quant).
- A strong Senior PM executes their day-to-day in a manner which inspires confidence, by way of clear communication, strong organization, with crisp & understood prioritization - in the effort to bring value to your customer's lives while making efficient use of your teammates time & resources.
- A strong Senior PM has an innate ability to understand the pains of the customers she/he serves. This is about showcasing an excitement for finding valuable problems to solve, as a byproduct of spending quality time understanding your customer.
- You’ve worked 5+ years as a Product Manager on a digital product.
- You have experience building solutions which enable/disable features based on different user types (ex: Super users, vs admin users vs end users)
- You have a technical background and can converse with engineers
- Previous experience managing a platform product roadmap
- Understanding of scaling web and mobile applications
- Experience in operations preferred
- You've delivered quantifiably meaningful outcomes as a result of launching multi-million dollar marketing campaigns.
- Strong expertise with using tools such as Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Segment, Fullstory and other mechanisms for tracking & measuring success.
- Experience in organizing engineers, designers and outside vendors to work towards product objectives.
- You are an objective and pragmatic individual who ensures that all efforts and decisions are inline with product objectives.
- You’re generally a clear and concise communicator and this extends to email, Slack, phone and video.
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love.
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience launching multiple digital products.
- An ability to think strategically and creatively.
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving.
- The ability to manage schedules to meet deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication.
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level.
- You relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture.
- Bonus: experience implementing enterprise-grade third-party solutions - affording your customers (other product teams) the ability to drive towards their KPIs and OKRs both more quickly & effectively.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech or product conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.