Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will report to the Software Engineering Manager and continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability security and help make strategic software architecture decisions with the lead engineer
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers, Product and Project Management to take small ideas or concepts and turn them into high fidelity technical game plans and achieve the products and business goals
- Mentor software engineers utilizing proven design patterns and your experience building large scale public facing software
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- At least 5+ years as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Experience with React, NextJS, and React Native (bonus) for iOS and Android
- Experience with Microservices and Event Driven Architecture using AWS, Serverless, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong familiarity with data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Proficient with PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and understand when to use relational and non-relational databases.
- Proponent of code testing and familiar with the common frameworks for unit, integration and functional tests
- Experience working with DevOps Engineers using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and CI/CD Pipelines.
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- An entire week off for the holidays
- MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant and amenities