Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a self-motivated Senior QA Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Senior QA Engineer, you will report to the QA Manager and continuously collaborate proactively with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Create, deploy and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Perform code reviews of unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- Organize and execute user testing that spans across an array of browsers, devices, email clients, network speeds and accessibility constraints.
- Define and improve testing practices, tools and processes with the goal of verifying new features and preventing regressions.
- Document and communicate a QA strategy for the Product Engineering team.
- Establish a process for reporting, organizing and prioritizing issues.
- Create detailed test plans based on product requirements.
- 5+ years as a QA Engineer or Software Engineer, with a strong background in QA process, techniques and tools.
- In-depth familiarity with a variety of testing methodologies including unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression.
- Experience writing tests using tools like Jest, Saucelabs, Mocha/Chai, WebDriverIO, Appium, and Cypress.
- Experience with Load testing with tools such as Jmeter, LoaderIO or Artillery.
- Familiarity with running QA pipelines in CI/CD.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with application monitoring and logging tools (Datadog, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience testing GraphQL a plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications built with React Native a plus.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive pay
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.