Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan consumer rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Sr. Program Manager who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
As the Sr. Program Manager, you will report to the Executive Director of Product, Engineering & Data and will work to drive clarity and workflow efficiencies for our product engineering program, leadership and outside stakeholders.
- Shepherd the day-to-day Agile operations across multiple product engineering teams. Helping to identify, scope and deliver large web and mobile software solutions.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs vs technical constraints.
- Track and deliver visibility of performance and project progress at the team level and in aggregate across all teams.
- Run resource planning and forecasting across the program.
- Coach and manage a team of 4 Project Managers who drive delivery of different product components.
- Administer the proper amount of standardization across teams in terms of process and tooling and know when it’s okay to diverge.
- Serve as the point person across our program to route requests, synergize efforts across teams and keep leadership abreast of priority and project decisions.
- Manage release planning preparation, execution and documentation in collaboration with engineering and product.
- Drive the creation of technical artifacts and documentation to be referenced by our own team as well as those in compliance, privacy, InfoSec, audit or similar.
Required Experience & Skills
- You’ve served in Agile project or program management roles for 8+ years.
- You are adept at JIRA, knowing how much and how best to use this tool.
- You’ve delivered multiple software products, specifically large scale websites, web apps and mobile apps.
- You have a background in engineering or have project managed enough technical projects to comprehend and speak technical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types across our cross functional teams.
- Ability to identify risks to timelines, escalate as necessary and propose mitigation strategies.
- You’re observant, you listen well and you take your time understanding the nuanced details of a problem.
- You have a passion for organization, simplicity, efficiency and action.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills that build trust and serve to positively influence partners and teammates.
- You relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8%+ company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.