Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing product engineering team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and product. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our customers in a more personalized and effective way. We’re looking for a strong, technically sound Sr. ML Data Engineer who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
This role will encompass many areas, including:
- Writing production grade code to process, transport, analyze, and store data within distributed systems
- Strong proficiency in one of Python, Scala, Java
- Expert in SQL
- Building Batch and Streaming pipelines with Apache Spark
- Experience developing data products using microservices architecture
- Developing high performance API to expose data products
- Experience with implementing data quality checks
- Exposure to serverless technologies (AWS Lambda/Step functions, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions)
- Experience with building and maintaining in-house code libraries for distribution
- Knowledge of traditional data warehousing (Dimensional Modeling, ETL)
- Experience with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab CI, Circle CI , Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Managing infrastructure on AWS and potentially other cloud providers
- Managing configuration of systems with frameworks such as Terraform and Ansible
- Deploying and Managing SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with logging and system monitoring solutions
- Designing and developing new distributed systems and components
- Integrating both new and legacy platforms using various methods including APIs
- Understanding of basic system and service level security
- Writing technical documentation for system components
- Must be collaborative and fun to work with, with good communication skills
- Experience working with data scientists to productionize data science models
- Coordinating and communicating with various stakeholders and partners including business and
- Participating in project management through capturing and developing tasks and stories, assisting in managing the backlog
- Understanding of agile methodology
- Mentoring junior team members
- Taking ownership of your work
- Evaluating and learning new emerging technologies
- Staying up to date on the latest trends in data engineering and data science
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.