Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will report to the Director of Engineering and continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Manage, lead, and mentor a team of 5+ Backend and Frontend Engineers to deliver high quality code that is secure, reusable, elegant, and scalable.
- Elevate the quality of engineering across the organization by conducting code reviews, participating in design sessions, improving documentation, and encouraging automation.
- Conceptualize and execute technical approaches for emerging systems and architecture.
- Build the Data Labs engineering brand through blog posts, culture, conferences, open-source projects, and meet-ups.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to help grow the engineering team and foster a culture that embodies our core values (see below).
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- 8+ years as a Software Engineer or Architect and 4+ years of experience leading teams, and mentoring directly.
- You've built and scaled APIs with GraphQL, Apollo, and REST.
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL flavors like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React and NextJS
- Experience with mobile applications using React Native or Native for iOS and Android
- Proficient building cloud-native architectures in AWS. You understand when to use Serverless/Lambda, but you also know where servers and Kubernetes can have their place.
- You understand infrastructure as code using Terraform, Consul, CI/CD, and other tools.
- You've set up successful test suites to cover unit, integration, e2e, load, and security tests.
- You've worked in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.Excellent communication, presentation, and white-boarding skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- An entire week off for the holidays
- MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant and amenities