Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting, and Juvéderm, among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption, and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our Product Engineering team has been tasked with building a technology platform to service medical aesthetic professionals and patients' needs. We just released our platform, Allē, this year to an audience of nearly 15,000 providers and 6 million consumers.
Who We’re Looking For
As a QA Engineering Manager, you will improve the processes and testability of web and mobile applications and the back-end cloud architecture to support them. You will help build, mentor, and lead a team of QA Engineers and Analysts who will serve on multiple cross-functional Scrum teams. You are self-motivated, willing to take ownership, show follow-through, solve challenging problems and deliver on promised solutions.
- Manage, lead, and mentor a team of 4+ QA Engineers and Analysts to deliver high quality code that is secure, reusable, elegant, and scalable.
- Elevate the quality of engineering across the organization by participating in design sessions, improving documentation, and encouraging automation.
- Create and improve testing plans based on product requirements for emerging systems and architecture.
- Proactively set and contribute to the QA department's overall vision via research, presentation, and implementation of best practices and cutting edge toolsets.
- Contribute to cross-organizational quality initiatives (security, privacy, regulatory compliance, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to help grow the QA team and foster a culture that embodies our core values (see below).
- In-depth familiarity with a variety of testing methodologies including unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression.
- In-depth knowledge of Accessibility testing and compliance.
- Experience writing tests using tools like Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, Cypress, Puppeteer, Postman, Charles Proxy, mabl, Detox and Artillery.
- Strong familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and continuous deployment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with application monitoring and logging tools like DataDog, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience testing GraphQL a plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications built with React Native a plus.
- 7+ years as a QA Engineer, with a strong background in QA process, techniques and tools.
- 4+ years of experience leading teams, and mentoring directly.
- You've worked in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and white-boarding skills.
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with 8%+ company match
- Vacation / PTO
- An entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court, and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led by and comprises technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful technology startups to large medical corporations. Please don't be shy. We'd love to chat with you if this opportunity piques your interest.