Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Engineering and will continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most important technical problems.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers to plan, maintain, and prioritize engineering work via the Engineering JIRA board
- Collaborate with the Senior Product Manager to plan, maintain, and prioritize product work via the Product JIRA board
- Execute the Scrum Master role, including running daily/weekly scrum ceremonies for both Engineering and Product teams
- Facilitate technical discussions/decisions for the program
- Liaison with internal teams and outside vendors for technical specification documentation
- Create and maintain technical artifacts (roadmaps, project plans, capacity planning, technical workflows, etc)
- Manage technical release planning in collaboration with engineering and product management
- Develop a status and reporting structure that is consistent with agile principles that also gives insight into progress toward the business outcomes
- Work with key stakeholders to define and gather requirements
- Build trust based partnerships, communicate progress across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Project Management for large-scale initiatives.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project/product management tools like Jira.
- Good understanding of machine learning, data analytics, rule-based systems, and software architecture
- Experience building products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs by defining and aligning on clear requirements, working with a cross-disciplinary team of software engineers, product managers, designers, UX researchers.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Ability to identify risks to timelines, escalate as necessary and propose mitigation strategies
- Highly attentive to driving maximum efficiency from a team, with the ability to eliminate cruft while preaching simplicity
Our Core Values:
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Work from home through COVID-19
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.