Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our Product Engineering team has been tasked with building a technology platform to service the needs of medical aesthetic professionals and patients. We're poised to release our platform, Allē, this year to an audience of nearly 25,000 providers and 6 million consumers. We’re looking for a Lead Cloud Architect who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Drive strategic infrastructure decisions and embrace ownership of our cloud infrastructure and the management of it
- Improve the availability, scalability, automation, performance, reliability and security of development and production environments
- Perform deep analysis into both systemic and latent reliability issues
- Collaborate with software and data engineers to deploy solutions
- Conduct code reviews
- Have a passion for automation, reusable infrastructure as code and tidy documentation
- Collaborate with a growing team of 40+ Software, DevOps, QA and Data Engineers
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and have a desire to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- 8+ years managing systems in a large scale environment
- Expert level understanding of Linux-based systems
- Deep experience with and passion for AWS
- Demonstrable experience scaling a microservices architecture built with AWS Lambda, the serverless framework, Node.js and Apollo/GraphQL
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design like messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one higher-level language like Python or Ruby
- Adept at drafting, validating and implementing software systems architecture
- Proficient with Git version control
- Proficient with maintaining and tuning databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL variants
- Understanding of how to maximize throughput and uptime while setting up monitoring, contingency plans and escalation reports
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, CI/CD (CircleCI), Terraform as well as a working knowledge of the pros/cons of using alternatives
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience/certifications
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.