Allergan Data Labs (ADL) is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan consumer rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Lead BI Engineer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Lead BI Engineering (BIE) team in adoption of best practices in reporting, analyses, data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
- Work with stakeholders to understand our business strategy, translate that strategy into a vision for BI and Data Warehousing, and proactively define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Be a player-coach - build and maintain a well-designed data warehouse that enables the data teams to support ADL with high impact dashboards and data visualizations as well as ad-hoc reporting, analyses, and data processing needs
- Lead and mentor team members through sprints, design sessions and code reviews
- Ability to support the creation of a single source of truth for various data analyses leveraging agreed upon data definitions, and creating a common data foundation and semantic layers to be consumed by business
- Represent BIE team in collaboration and partnership with other functions within ADL (i.e. Digital Marketing, Product Engineering, etc.) as well as departments external to ADL (i.e. Brand Teams, Finance, etc.)
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of multiple scalable BI and data solutions supporting internal/external global stakeholders
- Coordinate BIE project prioritization with stakeholders, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analytics teams, managing and executing competing priorities from end to end within defined timelines
- Develop agile feedback loop mechanisms supporting the evaluation of new initiatives, measuring process effectiveness and providing recommendations for improved end state
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- 5+ years in relevant experience as a business intelligence engineer, full stack business intelligence analyst, data scientist, data engineer, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with advanced SQL (query optimization, data processing (ETL/ELT) and analytical functions)
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Advanced experience using modern business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy, Quicksight, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally/written) with technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels, from operational roles to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous requests and manage multiple competing priorities, prioritizing effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with scripting languages (R or Python) supporting automation, data manipulation and basic mathematical computations.
- Experience with MPP databases (Snowflake, Redshift, Bigquery, etc)
- Experience implementing Data Quality, Data Security and Data Privacy in a data warehouse.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline is a plus.
- Experience with building or using in-house ELT tool/framework in a git based environment.
- Experience with AWS (or equivalent public cloud) using Lambda functions and Step Functions.
- Knowledge of digital marketing for consumer facing products.
- 2+ years of experience leading 2+ team members in business intelligence or data engineering
Our Core Values:
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis courts, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products