Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team is utilizing machine learning in an effort to more effectively and personally engage aesthetic consumers. In its current state, this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 20,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science & Engineering, someone to lead the development of data platforms to support personalization, digital marketing, and intelligent product functionality. In this role, you will lead and manage a team of 5-7 data engineers and data scientists. If you are interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company, this would be a desirable role for you.
- Be a key driver in transforming the digital marketing capabilities through a personalized, customer centric model. This includes gaining an understanding of how the company’s data platforms operate today, defining the future vision, developing a roadmap for how to get there, and architecting the data platform (technical design experience required)
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products, and capabilities that drive business growth
- Oversee the building of distributed, high‐volume data products to power new solutions based on analytics and machine learning
- Define requirements for tracking, tagging, and sourcing digital data across platforms and guide improved data gathering across platforms
- Share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team
- Partner with the personalization strategy and innovation team to help accomplish the company’s business goals through your deep understanding of digital analytics and optimization
- Lead a team of engineers and data scientists to ideate and deliver impactful machine learning driven products
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Work closely with leaders across functions within the company to define and execute strategies and roadmaps
- Make practical application of data science through product features requiring audience segmentation, content recommendations and digital advertising spend optimizations
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of managing a machine learning product team
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams comprised of engineers and data scientists
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment with multiple business and technical priorities
- Demonstrated experience of managing team to productize machine learning technologies from conception to productionization
- Deep understanding of architecture, system design, infrastructure, model development, and data and machine learning pipelines
- Experience with effectively managing a distributed team is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate with a team of technologists as well as with senior management and business executives
- Comfortable working in a collaborative setting and working with senior business executives
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.