Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at Abbvie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Associate Director of Product to add to our high performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences and had millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a strong and disciplined product leader to drive our core consumer-touchpoint product squads as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
As an Associate Director of Product you will drive the vision and execution of 3-4 core areas of our product roadmap, relying on our customers' jobs-to-be-done for insight and motivation. The AD, PM at Allergan Data Labs will understand the world of strategic experience design, is a technologist at heart, and is adept at presenting tradeoffs and recommendations to stakeholders leveraging both quantitative and qualitative insights - delivered through crisp and clear communication, and is a comfortable negotiator. You will help guide groups of product leaders & managers who will serve on cross-functional Scrum teams. In this leadership capacity, this role will need to lead by example, and have a strong grasp for how to groom budding product talent. The ideal candidate will comfortably steer tactical process, prioritization and resourcing tasks while being a strategic visionary employing the art of the possible.
- Own the cohesive & methodical execution of our strategy and UX, to the benefit of both our customers & KPIs.
- Partner with our product designers, leads and managers to sequence the delivery of value.
- Be the voice of the customer for your domain(s), provide guidance which will ensure product features stick their landing with our users.
- Coach our teams into becoming stronger across all product disciplines, including: experimentation, ethnographic, analytic & other product-centric techniques.
- Lead product definition through qualitative and quantitative customer feedback, market analysis and business needs & KPI evaluation.
- Establish a shared vision across the medical aesthetics business unit in an effort to drive consensus on priority and approach of product features.
- Partner with organization leaders to ensure we release the best quality and most impactful products through consistent, excellence-oriented processes, practices & tools
- Own the product roadmap for your domain(s), delivering visibility for senior stakeholders and Scrum team members as to what is coming and when.
- Reinforce documentation best practices & hygiene
- Help build a culture centered on Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) keeping the team focused on delivering incremental value each sprint while sizing contributions against defined objectives.
- Inspire a culture where user research and feedback is interwoven through the product design lifecycle.
- Run regular Allē product demos that galvanize senior leadership, our sales organization and the Data Labs team.
- Work with the Allē Product Marketing team in support of positioning and promoting our product to medical aesthetic providers and consumers.
- Engage with our Engineering leadership to understand the feasibility of product features and alternative options when necessary.
- Play a major role in design reviews where your experience, intuition, empathy for the user, emotional intelligence and discerning eye for design all come into play simultaneously.
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires.
- Relate to our core values (see below) and have a desire to contribute to and foster a positive working environment and culture.
Required Experience & Skills
- Adept at building structure, process and action items out of vague or complex problems.
- Definitive design sensibility
- Knowledge of event-based analytic platforms
- Strong UX background
- Well-versed in creating inexpensive, MVP experiments - with & without code
- Strong understanding of ethnographic techniques
- Extreme drive that is contagious, mixed with high standards for the product features being delivered.
- Strong ownership mindset with the ability to think big and move fast when presented with necessary data points.
- You've worked in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.
- 8+ years as a Product Manager.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams, mentoring directly and developing mentorship programs.
- Self motivated, willing to take ownership, show follow through, solve tough problems and deliver on promised solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and white-boarding skills.
- Skilled at driving continuity across Engineering, Product, Marketing and business teams.
- You have the intellect to understand that perfect is the enemy of progress, however deep down inside you're still a perfectionist.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
- Bonus: You've worked on a product that supports digital marketing, loyalty and growth of SMBs.
- Bonus: You've worked on a product in support of beauty service providers or savvy, modern healthcare providers.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech or product conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field